CIT - Coaches in Training
All CIT positions have been filled for 2018!
This individual will be responsible for assisting the coaching staff with day-to-day activities of the pre-team and the younger swim team age groups.
CIT’s are eligible to earn Student Service Learning (SSL) hours for their work.
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Assist Wahoos coaching staff with pre-team and 8 & under practices.
- Attend all Wahoos B meets: dual meets, relay meet, and superstars meet. Assist coaching staff and clerk-of-course in organizing swimmers for their heats.
- Attend other swim team events – spirit events, swim team committee or parent meetings -as requested.
- Interact with parents, swimmers, fellow coaches – on the Wahoos team and those of other swim teams - in a professional manner.
- Build positive team spirit, unity and sportsmanship.
- Minimum of 3 years of summer swimming experience.
- Must have successfully completed 8th grade.
- Strong ability to work as a team with other coaching staff.
- Available to work every pre-team and 8 & under practice from May 29, 2018 – July 22, 2018.
- Enthusiasm for summer swimming and a positive, encouraging attitude.